Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Home School - Summer School

For the summer I wanted to keep our 15 year old's mind busy and active.  I searched all over online and couldn't find any programs that I liked that were free (for teenagers) so I've been inventing my own program.
Here is the 6 week Schedule
I try to mix things up and give him a day off of the intense learning.  I have taught him to sew on a machine this summer already.  Believe me, it would be a whole lot easier to just sit back and let him do whatever, but he really is progressing and seems to like it...most of the time.
Here are some links to classes I have been using or things I have found helpful:
Learner.org  We use the science, but this site has some great helps.
Math Assessment  I gave him some of the assessments here before starting up the pre algebra course.
NROC We use the pre algebra course as the entire book is online.  I also like that it has tests and lessons that keep him interested.
IXL  This website has a daily limit for free questions, but I like the format.
Weekly Reader  An online health magazine with helps for teens.
Teen Health on Webmd.com
Creative Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment