Thursday, August 25, 2011

YW-3-30: Scripture Study

I had a hard time finding ideas for this lesson.  It didn't help that my husband is also teaching the same topic to the same age group in the Sunday School hour, so we've been trying to find different ways to teach it.  Sugardoodle had some ideas that I tweaked and then I found this recipie and decided to make bread durring class.  They have explainations as well that I would suggest printing off.
I will give the girls the handout below and have them fingure out what our recipie needs and them let them eat a second loaf (already baked) while we go over the rest of the lesson.
This handout is 2/page: PDF

I also found these two other ideas that I might tie in as well.
I might challange the girls to start working on reading the Book of Mormon for the Virtue Personal Progress project and use this scripture reading chart from Tales of a Trophy Wife:
And I LOVE these little scriptures from Little Miss Suzy Q!!!

3 comments:

  1. This ended up going over wonderfully! The girls LOVED that they could find the ingredients in their scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. question. just wondering if you started out your lesson with this and then went from there. I love the idea, just not sure where to fit it in at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I started out with "making" the bread. I then went on with the lesson from the old manual. The idea would work for any scripture lesson.

      Delete