Saturday, September 24, 2011

YW-3-33: Each Person Is Divine and Eternal

I've decided that I try to put too many elements into my lessons.  The past 3 lessons, we've run out of time before I get to most of what I am wanting to do.  So for this lesson, I'm going to try to simplify it a bit.  I think this lesson is one of the most important there is and want to make sure the girls get it.
That said, I also feel this lesson is packed with guilt!  This question: "Knowing the worth of souls, would you want to make even one person feel that he or she was not of worth?" is what creates "Mormon guilt." 
Ok, tirade over.  Just wanted to put that out there.
So, I'm letting someone else do my handout work this week, thank you HolyHandouts.  Here's the handout:
Since I don't have many pairs of gloves, Phillip (my husband) suggested having the girls make gloves out of playdough (which we have plenty of).
The story at the end of the lesson seems pretty long and I think I might be replacing it with a video (visual works better than audio for our Beehives).  I'm thinking about the old seminary video with the girl who has to ask the "popular" girl to come to mutual.  We'll see, I have to find it and make sure it's not too long of course.  I'll post the details when I find it.
Discarded thoughts that might help you:  I had also thought of sharing the Sand Dollar story on the handout, but that whole simplifying thing got in the way... I'm sure there will be another opportunity.
I also liked this picture and thought about adding it to a handout:



Wow, lots of typing today.  Happy Saturday everyone and enjoy the RS broadcast tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I believe that video is in the Book of Mormon videos if that helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the video it was on, however the video was VERY long and so instead I used the "Create" segment from the Mormon Messages video. I tied it in at the first and told the girls they had the length of the video to make their gloves out of playdoh. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete